Friday, September 28, 2012

Picture of Health

Me, six days after smashing face onto pavement: picture of health.
Good morning. As this new day dawns, I invite you to join me in giving thanks to our Creator for the glorious opportunities life on this earth offers. As I continue my adventures in life, most significantly my adventures into the realm of optimal nutrition, I am increasingly aware of the abundance of blessings I receive daily and I am thankful.

Although this may sound odd, last week I was blessed with the opportunity to smash my face onto pavement. As one who tends to bruise fairly easily and colorfully, my fall in the dark that resulted in cracking my left cheekbone against the driveway so hard that I literally saw a flash of light should have provided some pretty ugly results. True, I slept more over the ensuing days, allowing my body time to heal, and suffered the discomfort of a tender cheek, sore left arm and slightly wrenched back; however, the photo shown was taken exactly six days after the accident--at which time the bruising should have been quite evident and unsightly.

What has changed since my last opportunity for spectacular bruising? The only change has been the addition of top-quality nutritional supplements, namely those from USANA Health Sciences, Inc. As a Health Coach, I have been experimenting with the effects of nutrition on my own body and observing its effects on those of others for a good year now. When I switched to USANA supplements, I had been told that they were vastly more effective than the brand to which I had been true for the preceding five years, but I am a skeptic. I continued to research the company, its claims and its products, and with each passing day I became more sure that I had found something pretty spectacular.

Within a month of first trying the product, I returned to sign on as an Independent Associate with the company, eager to share the good news--but all I had to share were reports from others. True, I have more energy and my wounds are healing faster, but I needed something bigger to really prove to me that the nutritional supplements had effected my body on a cellular level. Well, what do you know, God has an incredible sense of humor. He allowed me to trip-and-fall, hard, over a piece of baling twine caught between two feed bins--twine that I had seen the day before, noted as a hazard and yet neglected to pick up. Lesson learned; I picked it up that night, a Wednesday.

Then I took my tender face into the house and watched and waited. By Friday a very little bit of puffiness was evident. I knew that my face would be pretty ugly in time for church on Sunday--wrong. By Monday I could begin to notice a very little bit of yellowing. This photo was taken Tuesday. Every time I shared this story, I have had to remove my glasses and allow onlookers to peer closely to detect any difference.

Heck, who needs makeup? I have USANA, which means good health from the inside out. If you want to know more, I invite you to contact me; I am only too happy to share my experience of health and wealth the USANA way with anyone who asks.

Here's an introductory video to USANA Health Sciences, Inc.:


Thank you, Dr. Wentz, for your vision, drive and ethical standards. Thank you, Universe, for the abundance of good health you offer to those who ask!

No comments:

Post a Comment